We started knitting camp today!
Yarn and projects were chosen.
And we got started right away.
Everyone had such great concentration!
We took our break about half way through the morning and then created these cute little fellows!!
This 9th grader had been working on a scarf prior to class and finished it in class this morning. Tomorrow will be another great day!
The last couple of posts have been dedicated to our sewing classes and I wanted to share some of the fabulous knitting that has been going on.
This brand new knitter has just finished the first leg of her bear. She worked so hard on this!!
We also had a fun finish today - this 4th grade student finished her squirrel stuffed animal. Isn't it so cute! This project took quite awhile and comprised many new skills - increasing, decreasing, gathering and more.
Just look at that fun tail! It is made similar to a pompom but in many sections to create the length.
This is also an impressive piece of knitting. There are over one hundred stitches on these circular needles and the third grader knitting this has already finished about 25 rows - you do the math!!! She has informed me that she is now going to change colors and add both a white stripe and a red stripe. I cannot wait to see how this turns out!
We are in process with several different projects right now. But never fear! We will finish everything up by Friday.First we paper mached the small bowl. After is was dry and trimmed, we glued it to the big bowl.We put several layers of paper mache on the bowls. We used two sizes of bowls to create a pedestal bowl. Once the paper mache was dry, it was time to trim the edges and make our last adjustments and "fixes" before painting.Then we glued the bowls together and paper mached the join to hide it. Now, after it's dry, it's ready to paint.We moved on to painting pots. These pots, after painting, will be decoupaged with fun images. They will be perfect colorful additions to any garden!The campers really enjoyed painting.
This one looks like a gift!Sorry the picture is so blurry, but I had to include it - doesn't this camper look so happy?? And isn't her pot beautiful?!This one contained a LOT of detail.After painting the pots, we started our glue oil pastel drawings. This is the first step. The campers drew a picture of anything they wanted on a piece of cardboard. Then we followed the outline of the drawing with a thick bead of glue. Once it dries we can use our oil pastel crayons to color and blend our pictures.The picture on the lower right is pretty interesting. This camper plans to use a combination of the oil pastels along with adding some details in ink. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.Last, but definitely not least, we worked on these yarn octopi. I hadn't planned on doing these with the campers, but they saw the ones on the counter from our crochet class in the morning and really wanted to make some - so of course I had to say yes! They had so much fun with these!